iPython 0.9.1 install under XP -- R6034

Esmail ebonak at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 24 20:01:43 EDT 2009

Hello David,

David Cournapeau wrote:

> If you need ipython quickly, I would simply try building the installer
> myself from sources - as ipython does not have dependency and is pure
> python, it should be straightfoward to do a
 >
> python setup.py bdist_wininst,

Thanks for the suggestion, it seems to have worked, but I don't
think it created any of the .bat files or entries in the startup
menu etc. .. any idea how to those parts set up?

Also, how did you know about the bdist_wininst command line argument?
I looked around for this sort of information, but must have missed
it.

Esmail