iPython 0.9.1 install under XP -- R6034

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 10:47:20 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Esmail <ebonak at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am having problems trying installing iPython under XP.
> It works great under Linux and it would be great if I could
> also use it when I have to be in Windows.
>
> XP Professional SP2 + SP3 (tried different systems),
> iPython-0.9.1, Python 2.6.1
>
> During  "Please wait while running postinstall script .. "
> I get the following MS Visual C++ Runtime Error
>
> R6034
> An application has made an attempt to load th C runtime library incorrectly.

I wonder whether this may be due to the python installer being link to
one version of the C runtime and python another (python 2.6 is linked
against the MSVCR 9.0).

If you need ipython quickly, I would simply try building the installer
myself from sources - as ipython does not have dependency and is pure
python, it should be straightfoward to do a python setup.py
bdist_wininst,

cheers,

David