Compiling modules in OSX, eg PyUSB?

Dr Mephesto dnhkng at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 20 11:39:15 EDT 2009

Thanks.

I found some more info that might help, if I understood it :)From the
main PyUSB page, at http://pyusb.berlios.de/ , its says:

"PyUSB uses the libusb to do its work, so, any system which has Python
and libusb should work for PyUSB."

I have installed the OSX version of libusb, and it puts the missing
file "usb.h" in the directory: usr/local/include/usb.h
In the instruction for installing PyUSB on windows, it says:

"2) libusb-win32: a Windows version of the libusb C library available
from http://libusb-win32.sourceforge.net.
>From within a Cygwin terminal, copy the libusb.a file from the
libusb-win32 lib/ directory to $(CYGWINDIR)/usr/lib/, and copy the
usb.h file from the libusb-win32 include/ directory to
$(CYGWINDIR)/usr/include/.  You can build and install PyUSB with the
command:   python setup.py install"

As I have the required usb.h file, is there some way to let the
compiler know where is it when I run python setup.py install? I
already tried copying the "usb.h" file from usr/local/include/ to /usr/
iinclude, but it still didnt find it.

Dave