Ban Xah Lee

Kenneth Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 23:06:50 EDT 2009

Roedy Green wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 14:52:02 -0800 (PST), Xah Lee <xahlee at gmail.com>
>
>> I consider this post relevant because i've been perennially gossiped
>> about in comp.lang.* groups today and in the past 5 or 10 years, many
>> of the threads mentioning my name are not started by me nor did i ever
>> participate.
>
> The reason you are unpopular has nothing to with what you say.  It is
> that you don't participate in discussions. You just pontificate from
> on high. It implies a sort of haughty superciliousness that people are
> reacting to.

Buddha taught that the universe is ineluctably a single interconnected
web of cause and effect, which is my haughty preamble to this
observation: it depends on the newsgroup.

comp.lang.lisp is cool so here Xah participates as a normal contributor.

kt

ps. The "Failed Attempt At Witty Comeback" lines are now open. Plz dial
carefully. k