PyWin32 for Python 3.x

John Nagle nagle at animats.com
Sun Mar 15 15:05:04 EDT 2009

Tim Golden wrote:
> John Nagle wrote:
>>    Any idea when PyWin32 will be available for Python 3.x?
>>
>>                 John Nagle
>
> Release 213 is out already:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=78018&package_id=79063&release_id=661475
>

> I think it's still considered a little bit beta. There have been a *lot*
> of changes involved.

    That "wizard" won't even install unless Python 3.0 is "in the
registry", which apparently means "installed as the default Python".
After giving the user an alert box, it dumps you into a dialog which
says "Python 3.0 is required for this package.  Select installation to use".
That's blank, and the form fields "Python Directory" and "Installation
Directory" won't accept input, so it can't even be overridden manually.

    Lame.

    And no, I don't want to build it from source.  I'm just checking to
see how close Python 3.x is getting to prime time.  Looks like it's
still a long way off.

					John Nagle