Python Imaging Library download link broken?

Tue Jun 30 04:48:34 EDT 2009

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 20:16:02 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> In message <td22m.1717$8r.956 at nlpi064.nbdc.sbc.com>, Tim Harig wrote:
>
>> On 2009-06-29, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo at geek-central.gen.new_zealand>
>> wrote:
>>> Sounds more like broken OS with no integrated package management.
>>
>> Package managers with dependency tracking were all the rage when I
>> first started using Linux.  So I tried Red Hat and everything worked
>> great until the depency database corrupted itself.
>
> I have been using and administering various flavours of Linux--Red Hat,
> SuSE, Mandrake (before it was Mandriva), Gentoo, Debian, Ubuntu--over
> about the last decade, and I have NEVER seen this mythical dependency
> database corruption of which you speak.

Really? I've seen it, or at least something that looks like it if you
squint. In my experience, it can usually be fixed by:

yum clean all

on recent Redhat based systems. Worst case, there may be a lockfile that
needs deleting as well.

--
Steven