Python Imaging Library download link broken?

Tue Jun 30 04:16:02 EDT 2009

In message <td22m.1717$8r.956 at nlpi064.nbdc.sbc.com>, Tim Harig wrote:

> On 2009-06-29, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo at geek-central.gen.new_zealand>
> wrote:
>> Sounds more like broken OS with no integrated package management.
>
> Package managers with dependency tracking were all the rage when I first
> started using Linux.  So I tried Red Hat and everything worked great until
> the depency database corrupted itself.

I have been using and administering various flavours of Linux--Red Hat,
SuSE, Mandrake (before it was Mandriva), Gentoo, Debian, Ubuntu--over about
the last decade, and I have NEVER seen this mythical dependency database
corruption of which you speak.

If you thought they were "all the rage" before, they're pretty much
mandatory now.