Tkinter - non-ASCII characters in text widgets problem

Fri Jun 26 17:37:37 EDT 2009

norseman wrote:
> Scott David Daniels wrote:
>> norseman wrote:
>>> ...  A note here:  In reading the original posting I get ...
>>>            then an e with a goatee
>>
>> Here's something to try in any future circumstances:
>>   <explanation of use of unicodedata>
> Good thought, good idea, useful tool.
>
> BUT - compare your output to what I *see*.
Have you considered font issues when printing?
The best encoding will not show anything reasonable when printed with a
font without the characters in question.  I'm not saying I know its
wrong, only that there is another issue to check.
you might both swap outputs from the over-explict printing I used above.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org