IDLE / Python 2.5 under Jaunty

Michiel Overtoom motoom at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 24 09:35:15 EDT 2009

Duncan Smith wrote:

 > IDLE now refuses to
> respond to left click events (for code editing, menus etc. respond as
> expected).  If I right click, then left click I can move the cursor, but
> that's not ideal.
 >
> So, has anybody else had the left click issue with IDLE (and solved it)?

Irritating problem, isn't it?  I experience the same on FreeBSD with Tk8.5.
I had to downgrade to Tk8.4, which has ugly fonts.

See http://bugs.python.org/issue2995

"Moving the mouse over the text widget changes the cursor to the I-beam
as expected, but click on text doesn't position the beam at the mouse
position.  It is also impossible to select text with the mouse.
Selecting text with shift-arrow keys works, however."

It's closed because it doesn't seem related to Python.

Greetings,

--
"The ability of the OSS process to collect and harness
the collective IQ of thousands of individuals across