IDLE / Python 2.5 under Jaunty

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 23:30:54 EDT 2009

duncan smith wrote:
> I've just upgraded to Jaunty Jackalope where Python 2.6 is the default
> Python version.  I'm still developing under 2.5, but IDLE now refuses to
> respond to left click events (for code editing, menus etc. respond as
> expected).  If I right click, then left click I can move the cursor, but
> that's not ideal.

For the meantime, you should search/file a bug report on Launchpad
(Ubuntu's bugtracker) on: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/ if you haven't
already done so.

I just tried idle 2.6 (python 2.6, Tk 8.4) on Gentoo, and left-clicking
seems to run fine (although I'm a bit unclear on what kinds of
left-clicking IDLE refuses to respond to).

On the reports to Launchpad, don't forget to include the versions of
python, idle, and Tk as reported on Help > About.