bad certificate error

Tue Jul 28 08:02:40 EDT 2009

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 23:16:39 -0300, Gabriel Genellina wrote:

> I don't see the point on "fixing" either the Python script or httplib to
> accomodate for an invalid server certificate... If it's just for
> internal testing, I'd use HTTP instead (at least until the certificate
> is fixed).

In real life, sometimes you need to drive with bad brakes on your car,
walk down dark alleys in the bad part of town, climb a tree without a
safety line, and use a hammer without wearing goggles. We can do all
these things.

The OP has said that, for whatever reason, he needs to ignore a bad
server certificate when connecting to HTTPS. Python is a language where
developers are allowed to shoot themselves in the foot, so long as they
do so in full knowledge of what they're doing.

So, putting aside all the millions of reasons why the OP shouldn't accept
an invalid certificate, how can he accept an invalid certificate?

--
Steven