bad certificate error

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Jul 27 22:16:39 EDT 2009

En Mon, 27 Jul 2009 20:00:27 -0300, Steven D'Aprano
<steve at remove-this-cybersource.com.au> escribió:
> On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 15:23:41 -0300, Gabriel Genellina wrote:
>> En Mon, 27 Jul 2009 12:57:40 -0300, jakecjacobson
>> <jakecjacobson at gmail.com> escribió:
>>
>>> I was wondering if this is due to the server having a invalid server
>>> cert?  If I go to this server in my browser, I get a "This server tried
>>> to identify itself with invalid information".  Is there a way to ignore
>>> this issue with Python?  Can I setup a trust store and add this server
>>> to the trust store?
>>
>> I don't see the point in trusting someone that you know is telling lies
>> about itself.
>
> Don't you? It's just commonsense risk assessment.
>
> It's far more likely that the server has an incorrectly setup certificate
> managed by an incompetent sys admin than it is that somebody is eaves-
> dropping on my connection to
> https://somerandom.site.com/something-trivial

Fire the sys admin then :)
I don't see the point on "fixing" either the Python script or httplib to
accomodate for an invalid server certificate... If it's just for internal
testing, I'd use HTTP instead (at least until the certificate is fixed).

--
Gabriel Genellina