strange python scripting error

Dave Angel davea at ieee.org
Sat Jul 25 07:18:58 EDT 2009

Mark Tarver wrote:
> <snip>
>

>>> Use dos2unix for conversion of the longer file and try again:
>>>
>>> http://linux.about.com/od/commands/l/blcmdl1_dos2uni.htm-Hide quoted text -

>> That sounds the ticket - but is there anything that runs under Windows
>> to do the trick?
>>
>> Mark- Hide quoted text -

> OK, got a version
>
> http://www.bastet.com/
>
> has dos2unix.exe for Windows.  And it solves the problem.
>
> Many thanks all for help on this baffling error
>
> Mark

I use metapad for simple text editing, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metapad

It's free, loads very quickly, and has a number of features I like.  One
of its trivial features is to read/write files in four different
formats.  In the file menu, you just choose what file-format you need now.

Another thing I'd point out is that some ftp programs will do this
conversion as the file is being sent between a local DOS machine and a
Unix machine on the internet.

DaveA