Ann: Google releases Python-based open-source NX server

jkn jkn_gg at nicorp.f9.co.uk
Thu Jul 16 13:59:12 EDT 2009

On Jul 16, 3:51 pm, J Kenneth King <ja... at agentultra.com> wrote:

> It's pretty cool, but not PEP8! Probably because they just bought the
> source off of another smaller proprietary project.  Makes me sad seeing
> Google, proud supporter of all things Python, release non-PEP8 code.

Personally, I don't follow PEP8 either. Note: PEP-8 gives 'coding
conventions for the Python code **comprising the standard library in
the main Python distribution**' (my emphasis). My coding conventions
are similar to, but not exactly the same as, PEP-8. It would be
ridiculous IMO (and PEP-8 acknowledges this) for such a permissive
language as Python to put a 'coding style' straitjacket around itself.

YMMV, of course.

    J^n