pyAA for Python2.5

Rob Williscroft rtw at freenet.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 17:10:03 EST 2009

Kottiyath wrote in news:d86a0c1d-e158-4aa1-a47f-e2149948bdc3
@p2g2000prf.googlegroups.com in comp.lang.python:

> On Jan 29, 1:51 am, Rob Williscroft <r... at freenet.co.uk> wrote:
>> Kottiyath wrote in news:6a594643-f6a2-4d8d-aab3-27eb16cb2fb8
>> @b38g2000prf.googlegroups.com in comp.lang.python:

>> > I have mingw32-gcc in my path. If I try that too -it fails.
>>
>> > C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\pyAA>python setup.py install -c
>> > "mingw32-gcc"
>> > invalid command name 'mingw32-gcc'
>>
>> All the examples I found via google have the tool name as "mingw32"
>> so try:
>>
>>         python setup.py install -c mingw32

> Thank you Rob.
> The installation went ahead for some more time - but failed showing a
> lot of errors:
>>compile
> running build
> running build_py
> file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
> file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
> pyAAc.cpp:5887: error: `EVENT_OBJECT_HELPCHANGE' was not declared in
> this scope
> pyAAc.cpp:5888: error: `EVENT_OBJECT_DEFACTIONCHANGE' was not declared
> in this scope
> pyAAc.cpp:5889: error: `EVENT_OBJECT_ACCELERATORCHANGE' was not
> declared in this scope
>
> I cannot understand why it fails. I have not worked in C till now, so
> I am pretty confused.
> I googled also, but to no avail.

Looks like the package needs some headers that haven't yet been
ported to to MinGW.

Alas that meands you'll need to build with the Microsoft SDK
and compiler.

You can get the SDK including a non-optimising compiler from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9B3A2CA6-3647-
4070-9F41-A333C6B9181D&displaylang=en

or maybe here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0BAF2B35-C656-