pyAA for Python2.5

Kottiyath n.kottiyath at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 22:07:31 EST 2009

On Jan 29, 1:51 am, Rob Williscroft <r... at freenet.co.uk> wrote:
> Kottiyath wrote in news:6a594643-f6a2-4d8d-aab3-27eb16cb2fb8
> @b38g2000prf.googlegroups.com in comp.lang.python:
>

> > I have mingw32-gcc in my path. If I try that too -it fails.
>
> > C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\pyAA>python setup.py install -c
> > "mingw32-gcc"
> > invalid command name 'mingw32-gcc'
>
> All the examples I found via google have the tool name as "mingw32"
> so try:
>
>         python setup.py install -c mingw32
>
> or
>
>         python setup.py build --compiler=mingw32 install
>
> The compiler that the MinGW package installs is gcc.
>
> You shoulf be able to verify it is on your path by typing:
>
>         gcc --help
> or
>         gcc --version
>
> and see some output.
>
> Rob.
> --http://www.victim-prime.dsl.pipex.com/

Thank you Rob.
The installation went ahead for some more time - but failed showing a
lot of errors:
>compile
running build
running build_py
file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
file pyAAc.py (for module pyAAc) not found
pyAAc.cpp:5887: error: `EVENT_OBJECT_HELPCHANGE' was not declared in
this scope
pyAAc.cpp:5888: error: `EVENT_OBJECT_DEFACTIONCHANGE' was not declared
in this scope
pyAAc.cpp:5889: error: `EVENT_OBJECT_ACCELERATORCHANGE' was not
declared in this scope

I cannot understand why it fails. I have not worked in C till now, so
I am pretty confused.
I googled also, but to no avail.