Stalled ticket in Python bug tracker

Fri Jan 23 18:42:33 EST 2009

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:35:52 -0600, skip wrote:

> Steven> I'm interested in this ticket in the bug tracker:
>
>     Steven> http://bugs.python.org/issue2527
>
>     Steven> but it seems to have been stalled for nine months. Is there
>     a Steven> procedure for starting it up again?
>
> Assign it to yourself?  Add a comment with relevant updates?
>
>     Steven> Should I ask about it on the python-dev mailing list, or
>     just Steven> wait until somebody happens to notice it?
>
> But you've already noticed it. ;-)

(Note to self: stop posting ambiguous messages when tired.)

I meant bringing it to the attention of somebody who can actually commit
the patch to production, or rule that the patch isn't suitable. I can't
do that.

Sorry for the naive questions, I'm new to the bug tracker and I'm not
entirely sure about the protocol. Should I just drop a note to python-dev
and ask somebody with commit privileges to look at it, or is that rude?

--
Steven