A different kind of interface

Eduardo O. Padoan eduardo.padoan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 11:31:56 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 7:10 AM,  <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote:
> I use the Python shell daily, plus of course normal editors to edit
> python scripts. They both are very useful for different purposes. But
> the default interactive shell isn't much handy if you want to modify
> the past code to run it again, or you want to embed a bit of text in
> the code, or if you want to produce something a bit more clean that
> you can save, or just if you want to edit and debug 7-lines long
> programs.

You are almost *describing* reinteract:
http://blog.fishsoup.net/2007/11/10/reinteract-better-interactive-python/

It is a mix of a shell and an editor, that lets you go back and
rewirte history, and execute it again. It is GTK+, and you can write
plugins to plot graphics or display html, for example.

--
    Eduardo de Oliveira Padoan
http://djangopeople.net/edcrypt/