alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 01:24:08 EST 2009

On Jan 21, 3:20 pm, "Russ P." <Russ.Paie... at gmail.com> wrote:
> But I doubt it will ever come to pass, because it is clear that much
> of the Python community has no clue about what is required for large-
> scale, safety-critical software engineering.

Okay, let me try a less snippy approach. How do you feel about
metaclass techniques such as this one by Carl Banks?

http://code.activestate.com/recipes/573442/

This is pretty much what I had in mind when I said before that I
believed such concerns could be addressed externally of the
interpreter. Thankfully I thought to check Activestate before knocking
up my own as proof-of-concept :)

With Python 2.6/3.0 Carl's code could be easily (almost said
'trivially'...) extended to support the new __dir__ special method to
exclude anything marked as private from the dir() results.