SimpleXMLRPCServer question

flagg ianand0204 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 21:59:17 EST 2009

I am working on a very basic xmlrpc server, which will expose certain
functions for administering BIND zone files.  The big problem I am
having is parsing the incoming xmlrpc request.  Basically part of the
xmlrpc request will help deterime which zone file is edited.    I have
been looking at the do_POST() method from SimpleXMLRPCDispatcher and
it seems like I could code something which overides that method,
however I am new to programming am at a loss, i might even be making
this tougher than it needs to be.   Is there a way to parse the
incoming xmlrpc request before the function it is calling is executed?