Addition of multiprocessing ill-advised? (was: Python 3.0.1)

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Tue Jan 27 22:49:42 EST 2009

(Continuing a side topic of a different discussion)

Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> writes:

> I think that [Python 2.6 was a rushed release]. 2.6 showed it in the
> inclusion (later recognizable as somewhat ill-advised so late in the
> day) of multiprocessing […]

What was ill-advised about the addition of the ‘multiprocessing’
module to Python 2.6? I ask because I haven't yet used it in anger,
and am not sure what problems have been found in it.

--
 \                  “Holy bouncing boiler-plated fits, Batman!” —Robin |
Ben Finney