I'm a python addict !

J Kenneth King james at agentultra.com
Mon Jan 26 17:43:06 EST 2009

Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> writes:

> I just started using python last week and I'm addicted.
>
> I hate Perl.  I never did learn to use it with any competence.  I has to
> be the most obfuscated, cryptic language I've ever seen.  Making it
> "object oriented" only makes it worse !
> .. <snip> ..

I program full-time in Python, so I share your excitement and
enthusiasm. But bashing Perl like that doesn't make you sound very
smart. I'm probably one of the very few Python programmers who came from
(and still occassionally) use Perl. I've written non-trivial programs in
it and from my experience I can tell you that it's actually a great
language. The Moose object system is well beyond Python's class
system. But I guess you wouldn't know that.

So yay for Python, but don't get in the habit of criticising that which
you do not know.