c.Win32_OperatingSystem question.

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Sat Feb 28 14:15:40 EST 2009

bryan rasmussen wrote:
> Maybe there's a more specific list I should ask this question on but I
> don't know what it is. I'm using Tim Golden's wmi stuff, and putting
> my output into an XML document.
>
> I have the following bit of code

[.. snip ...]

> At the end of that thhe only text node thaht comes out is
> ComputerName, WMI is running - Am I using the wrong names for things
> here? When I try to get the same values using WScript and WQL to
> extract from Win32_OperatingSystem I get all the values.

I'd love to help here, but you're not making it easy. I'm not
clear if you're suggesting there's a problem with WMI or with
ElementTree or with something else. Can you narrow down, please
so I don't have to invent a code wrapper for your code fragment.
Try producing an instantly-runnable piece of code which demonstrates
the problem and I'll happily have a look from the WMI perspective at
least.

TJG