python sql query in django

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Feb 23 16:00:20 EST 2009

May wrote:
> On Feb 23, 11:31 am, Bruno Desthuilliers
> <bdesth.quelquech... at free.quelquepart.fr> wrote:
>> May a écrit :
>>
>>> I have three tables:
>> Actually - from Python's code POV - three Model classes. And actually,
>> since there's a very active, friendly and helpful django group on
>> googlegroups, you'd be better reposting your question there.
>>
>> (snip Django's ORM related question)
>
> The django users groups suggests using a manytomany field.  That works
> well in the html template, but in the admin tables, the logic for the
> manytomany field applies to the wrong model and doesn't create a
> choice for the data entry people.  I'm trying to write this without
> using the manytomany option.  Just using the standard relational
> database model.  I need to understand if python can do what I need to
> do.  So far, I've not been successful with an answer in users groups.

I am sure if you explain in detail exactly what you want the admin to
present to your data entry people there are those on django-users who
can help you make it happen. That list *would* be the best place to get
an answer: this one mostly discusses the Python language in a more
generic manner.

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119