python sql query in django

May adleslie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 15:44:51 EST 2009

On Feb 23, 11:31 am, Bruno Desthuilliers
<bdesth.quelquech... at free.quelquepart.fr> wrote:
> May a écrit :
>
> > I have three tables:
>
> Actually - from Python's code POV - three Model classes. And actually,
> since there's a very active, friendly and helpful django group on
> googlegroups, you'd be better reposting your question there.
>
> (snip Django's ORM related question)

The django users groups suggests using a manytomany field.  That works
well in the html template, but in the admin tables, the logic for the
manytomany field applies to the wrong model and doesn't create a
choice for the data entry people.  I'm trying to write this without
using the manytomany option.  Just using the standard relational
database model.  I need to understand if python can do what I need to
do.  So far, I've not been successful with an answer in users groups.

Ana