Python 3 and easygui problem

Peter Anderson peter.anderson at internode.on.net
Sun Feb 22 19:55:35 EST 2009

John Machin said:*

*"... the knowledge that you had attempted to contact Steve Ferg and
have not yet had a response was not available on c.l.py and in any case
is not a justification for incitement to hijack."

John, I resent the implication that I am trying to hijack Steve's
project. This was never my intention. I am uneasy about posting this
rebuttal on the list as this is not what I think lists like this are
for; but given your response I will post this one reply in my defence. I
think that if you want to follow up this matter do it off line.

For your information I have since been in contact with Steve and sent
him a copy of my code. Its been my experience that there are some users
of these lists who ought to hesitate before they jump in because they
often are not in full possession of all the facts.

Once again (and for the last time) this was a personal project, I
offered to share my additions to Steve's work in an informal way to
anyone who helped me with fixing error responses I was getting - its a
very long bow to draw to say this constitutes hijacking. It was NEVER my
intention to hijack anyone's work and I resent the accusation.

To end, I have included below a statement that I added to the script
that I sent to Terry:

This is an experimental version of EasyGui that has converted the latest
'official' version so that it will run under Python 3.0.1
The script is still being tested and any comments would be appreciated.

NOTE: This version of the script is not from Steve Ferg although his
contribution of the original script is acknowledged. This script is
released under the same Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 License as the
original script.
Modified by: Peter Anderson
Date: Monday, 23 February 2009
Contact: peterjohnanderson at gmail.com

As far as I am concerned that is the end of the matter on this list.
Feel free to contact me off line if you want to follow up this post.

Regards,
Peter
--
*Peter Anderson*
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to