PyGTK install

Lionel lionel.keene at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 17:08:53 EST 2009

On Feb 18, 11:43 am, Lionel <lionel.ke... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello folks, I couldn't find a specific PyGTK forum so I thought I'd
> post here and hope someone new the answer. I feel it's a silly
> problem, maybe something to do with a path variable? The problem: I've
> downloaded the "all-in-one" windows binary installer for PyGTK from
> their website. After typing in their first tutorial program and trying
> to run from the command line, I get:
>
> "This application has failed to start because libglib-2.0-0.dll was
> not found" error dialog.
>
> The traceback indicates this is happening at the "import gtk" line. A
> quick search of my install directory for PyGTK indicates that the file
> is indeed resident and located in C:\Program files\PyGTK\GTK\bin.
>
> Is there some some sort of path variable for Python I need to modify
> and, if so, how is this done? Thanks so much, and my apologies if this
> is the wrong forum.
>
> -L

Well, I tried uninstalling / reinstalling PyGTK and now I'm getting a
different traceback error:

"ImportError: no module named pygtk"

I checked and pygtk.py is located in "c:\Python25\Lib\site-packages".
Then I displaye the sys.path:

IDLE 1.2
>>> import sys
>>> sys.path
['C:\\Program Files\\PyGTK\\Python\\Lib\\idlelib', 'C:\\Program Files\
\PyGTK\\Python\\python25.zip', 'C:\\Program Files\\PyGTK\\Python\
\DLLs', 'C:\\Program Files\\PyGTK\\Python\\lib', 'C:\\Program Files\
\PyGTK\\Python\\lib\\plat-win', 'C:\\Program Files\\PyGTK\\Python\\lib\
\lib-tk', 'C:\\Program Files\\PyGTK\\Python', 'C:\\Program Files\\PyGTK
\\Python\\lib\\site-packages']

Every single entry is related to PyGTK and nothing else. Something
seems wrong here but I don't have enough Python experience to know
just what. Anyone?