PyGTK install

Lionel lionel.keene at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 14:43:09 EST 2009

Hello folks, I couldn't find a specific PyGTK forum so I thought I'd
post here and hope someone new the answer. I feel it's a silly
problem, maybe something to do with a path variable? The problem: I've
downloaded the "all-in-one" windows binary installer for PyGTK from
their website. After typing in their first tutorial program and trying
to run from the command line, I get:

"This application has failed to start because libglib-2.0-0.dll was
not found" error dialog.

The traceback indicates this is happening at the "import gtk" line. A
quick search of my install directory for PyGTK indicates that the file
is indeed resident and located in C:\Program files\PyGTK\GTK\bin.

Is there some some sort of path variable for Python I need to modify
and, if so, how is this done? Thanks so much, and my apologies if this
is the wrong forum.

-L