Untangling pythonWin and IDLE Processes on XP Pro

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Feb 13 00:23:34 EST 2009

W. eWatson wrote:
>  From Diez above.
> What does *NOT* work is writing a Tkinter-based app in idle, and to run it
> *FROM INSIDE* idle. Instead, open your explorer and double-click on the
> pyhton-file your app is in. That's all that there is to it.
>
> So this is the absolute truth? No wiggle room? One can never use a
> Tkinter program with IDLE, and execute it successfully. So IDLE doesn't
> issue a standard warning that says, "Get out of here with your Tkinter
> program, it will fail when you try to run it here. You have entered
> Tkinter hell. Good-bye."

Re-read my post about kids fighting to control a television.  Maybe they
work together, maybe they crash the TV.  Hard to predict.

***ANY*** Python program that tries to grab and control the same
resources that TK does may conflict with it.  There is no way that IDLE
can have a list of, for instance, all event-grabbing mainloop programs.