Python 3D CAD -- need collaborators, or just brave souls :)

greg greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Feb 12 03:30:49 EST 2009

rantingrick wrote:

> It has long been my dream to create an open source 3D CAD program and
>
> I have a real good idea of the UI design

Have you seen Sketchup?

    http://sketchup.google.com/

It has an amazingly intuitive user interface, much better
than any other 3D modeller I've seen. Anyone thinking of
designing a 3D app would do well to study it closely, IMO.

Something with a Sketchup-like UI but designed for serious
CAD work would be an incredibly good thing to have.

In any case, your project sounds interesting, and I'll
be happy to discuss ideas if you want.

--
Greg