where is handle_timeout in SocketServer

Daniel daniel.watrous at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 18:21:13 EST 2009

On Feb 11, 4:01 pm, Daniel <daniel.watr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just been reading the docs to help me with a SocketServer issue.
> I found in the docs (http://docs.python.org/library/socketserver.html)
> a reference to a member attribute timeout and a member function
> handle_timeout() is made.  I am using python 2.5 and there's no
> indication that these were added in 2.6 or later.  I've also searched
> Google and found that it may have been committed as long ago as
> January of last year (http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-checkins/
> 2008-January/064877.html).
>
> Why isn't it available in my version of python?  Is there another
> place to find it?  Please help me figure out what I'm missing so that
> I can use the timeout functionality in my SocketServers.
>
> Thanks.

I've just looked at the subversion repository and it does appear that
the timeout functionality was introduced in python 2.6 (or after 2.5.2
anyway).
http://svn.python.org/projects/python/trunk/Lib/SocketServer.py
http://svn.python.org/projects/python/tags/r252/Lib/SocketServer.py

I guess I'll see what I can do to adapt since porting my entire
project isn't realistic at this point.