where is handle_timeout in SocketServer

Daniel daniel.watrous at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 18:01:01 EST 2009

I've just been reading the docs to help me with a SocketServer issue.
I found in the docs (http://docs.python.org/library/socketserver.html)
a reference to a member attribute timeout and a member function
handle_timeout() is made.  I am using python 2.5 and there's no
indication that these were added in 2.6 or later.  I've also searched
Google and found that it may have been committed as long ago as
January of last year (http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-checkins/
2008-January/064877.html).

Why isn't it available in my version of python?  Is there another
place to find it?  Please help me figure out what I'm missing so that
I can use the timeout functionality in my SocketServers.

Thanks.