convert the ip packet to and from RS-232 packet

bobicanprogram icanbob at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 09:43:28 EST 2009

On Feb 9, 8:13 am, Li Han <lihang9... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I need to use radio to connect two local ip network, each local
> network has a server computer which connects to a radio with RS-232
> interface.  I need to write a program to convert the local ip packet
> into RS-232 packet, so the radio can send packetes to the remote
> radio. I don't want to reinvent the wheel, is there anyone could give
> me some suggestions?
> Thank you!
> Han

You might want to check out the SIMPL toolkit. (http://
www.icanprogram.com/simpl).   It come standard with an RS232
surrogate.   This generic module will transparently transmit a SIMPL
message via RS232 serial connection.   Although this module is written
in C,  SIMPL itself fully supports Python as a language to create
modules.

bob