Python3.0 has more duplication in source code than Python2.5

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Sat Feb 7 14:48:34 EST 2009

-On [20090207 18:25], Scott David Daniels (Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org) wrote:
>This analysis overlooks the fact that 3.0 _was_ a major change, and is
>likely to grow cut-and-paste solutions to some problems as we switch to
>Unicode strings from byte strings.

You'd best hope the copied section was thoroughly reviewed otherwise you're
duplicating a flaw across X other sections. And then you also best hope that
whoever finds said flaw and fixes it is also smart enough to check for
similar constructs around the code base.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust...