Python3.0 has more duplication in source code than Python2.5

Sat Feb 7 12:26:40 EST 2009

Terry wrote:
> ... I'm not saying that you can not have duplication in code. But it
> seems that the stable & successful software releases tend to have
> relatively stable duplication rate.

This analysis overlooks the fact that 3.0 _was_ a major change, and is
likely to grow cut-and-paste solutions to some problems as we switch to
Unicode strings from byte strings.  You are comparing a .0 version to
.5 versions.  I expect the polishing that follows as we go up through
.1, .2, and so on will lower those redundancy measures.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org