is python Object oriented??

Дамјан Георгиевски gdamjan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 11:51:06 EST 2009

> Why?  - Python is object oriented, but I can write whole systems
> without defining a single class.
> By analogy, if data hiding is added to language, I could write a
> whole system without hiding a single item.

I guess the problem is that you would not be able to use some libraries
because their author thought that it would be wise to hide everything (a
behavior fairly popular in the Java world).

Let take some http library as an example, the author would certainly
think that hiding the socket object is the only sane thing to do.
But what if you just *have* to call that special ioctl on the socket
object before it can work in your scenario...

In python you can easily go under the hood if you need to do it.

--
дамјан ( http://softver.org.mk/damjan/ )

"We think it's a great consumer win, and it's a great industry win,
to be able to ensure that with good copy protection,
you can have so much functionality for the user",
Jordi Rivas, Microsoft Director of Technology