is python Object oriented??

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid
Mon Feb 2 05:12:52 EST 2009

thmpsn.m.k at gmail.com a écrit :

(snip)

> Anyway, it doesn't matter. We're losing the point here. The point is
> that language support for private access, by disallowing user access
> to private data, provides an unambiguous information hiding mechanism
> which encourages encapsulation. Python's approach, however, which is
> only a naming convention rather than a language feature, merely TRUSTS
> the programmer not to break encapsulation. And sure, if we're all good
> programmers, everything will go well and we'll end up with an
> organized application. But the danger is still there: at any given
> time, we COULD break encapsulation!

Oh, my, What a shock! What a nightmare. Thanks, thanks thmpsn for
opening our eyes. How can we have lived so many years with this
permanent danger, and yet managed to write working, robust programs, I
really wonder. Good God, we really need to fix this immediatly, because
obviously, TRUSTING the programmer JUST CANT WORK.

Or can it ?

this-dead-horse-has-been-beaten-to-hell-and-back-pity-the-poor-animal-ly'yrs