getlist question

Carsten Haese carsten.haese at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 11:35:13 EST 2009

Victor Subervi wrote:
> Well I've done that. What happens is the storeColNames registers the
> "Availability" field naturally enough; however, as I stated before, the
> getlist doesn't fetch anything because there is nothing to fetch! No
> such value is passed!

Well, what does getlist return when the situation you're describing as
"getlist doesn't fetch anything" occurs? Does is raise an exception?
Does it return 0? Does it return None? Does it return an empty list? An
empty string? An empty tuple? Does it return False? Does it not return
at all and causes the universe to fall into a black hole?

 So, what I need to do is figure out a way to log
> the fact that no value is fetched. What I have currently, unfortunately,
> simply ignores the unfetchable value. As I stated before, I need to log
> the fact that no such value is obtained. Please...how do I do that??

Please be less vague. What part do you have a problem with? Checking
whether "no value is fetched" or "log the fact"?

--
Carsten Haese
http://informixdb.sourceforge.net