How Do I...?

Victor Subervi victorsubervi at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 11:50:29 EST 2009

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 10:22 AM, Tim Chase
<python.list at tim.thechases.com>wrote:

> Victor Subervi wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Tim Chase <python.list at tim.thechases.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>>  Well, you start by reading a book on how to program.  You would then
>>> learn
>>> that what you want (in all likelihood) is a dictionary/map structure for
>>> dynamically created key/value pairs. Once you have progressed from your
>>> current apprenticeship and achieved the rank of third-degree journeyman
>>> programmer, the ways of dynamic variable creation will avail themselves.
>>>

>> Why the arrogance? Why talk down to me?
>>

> The aim was not arrogance, but expression of exasperation

Exasperation is what triggers your arrogance. Learn to control it. "Walk a
mile in my mocassins." You can't do it. I'm an artist. I think out of my
right hemisphere, not my left like you. You couldn't possibly understand.
Yes, sometimes I chide myself for the questions I ask when I see the answers
come back. The problem is that I quite literally can't think like you. I
have to force myself to do it every time. To you it's as natural as
breathing, which is why you can't relate.

Thank you for your help anyway. Thank you for your patience. Please try to
understand. It starts by understanding you can't understand. You have my
continued promise that I will do all I can to edit my questions as
intelligently as you would before I post them. Trust me, I don't like
looking foolish, and I know I do. You should recognize that that alone is
chiding enough. It doesn't stop me, however, for continuing to program. The
whole universe is a program. I program to understand it in a way you
couldn't even begin to grasp.

BTW, although I know full well about dictionaries, I didn't know one could
use them like you indicated, nor would I have known how to google it. I did
try googling, FYI.