Apple Mac OS X 10.6 support & compatability with Python 3 ?

Rami Chowdhury rami.chowdhury at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 13:10:14 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 09:41,  <pdlemper at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I've been given a MAC AIR laptop with OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard".
> On my desktop I dual boot with XP - Ubuntu and have Python on both.
> Unfortunately all my Python programs are written on Windows XP and
> I heavily rely on WConio for console I/O.
> Called Apple tech support. The technician had never heard of Python,
> ascertained the MAC AIR does not come preloaded with Python

As far as I am aware, OS X always comes with Python. I'm not sure if
10.6 comes with Python 2.6 or 2.5, but one or the other is certainly
there, unless you have some sort of stripped-down install I'm not
familiar with.

> Does anyone have experience with OS X ? Could I use WConio in a
> Windows emulator ?

I don't know much about WConio, but a quick search indicates it does
for Windows what curses does for Unix-like OSes. I believe OS X is
sufficiently Unix-like that curses will do the job.

--
Rami Chowdhury
"Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice." -- Hanlon's Razor