Moving from Python 2 to Python 3: A 4 page "cheat sheet"

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Tue Dec 1 18:52:05 EST 2009

Mark Summerfield <list at qtrac.plus.com> writes:

> It is available as a free PDF download (no registration or anything)
> from InformIT's website. Here's the direct link:
> http://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/imprint_downloads/informit/promotions/python/python2python3.pdf

Thanks!

> And of course, if you want more on Python 3, there's always the
> documentation---or my book:-)
> "Programming in Python 3 (Second Edition)" ISBN-10: 0321680561.

Meh, second edition already? Haven't read the entire first edition
yet. Which is IMO a good book (I also gave it to my brother as a
present).

Only negative point (to me) so far is that in the beginning (p8-9) the
book mentions placing Python programs in C:\py3eg which gives me the
unpleasant feeling that someone is coding on Windows XP with
Administrator rights...

Anyway, will add the 2nd edition to my wish list and donate the current
one to the library in Xalapa (USBI)  if they want it :-)

John