Need cleanup advice for multiline string

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sun Aug 23 14:52:16 EDT 2009

Simon Brunning wrote:
> 2009/8/11 Robert Dailey:
>> On Aug 11, 3:40 pm, Bearophile wrote:
>>> There are gals too here.
>> It's a figure of speech. And besides, why would I want programming
>> advice from a woman? lol. Thanks for the help.
>
> Give the attitudes still prevalent in our industry (cf
> <http://tinyurl.com/c5nqju> and many more), I'm sorry to say that I
> don't think this is funny.

Me neither.

I used to reply with comments like "you just missed more than half of the
world's population" to people who started their postings with "hi guys!",
and I stopped doing that as a) it became too tiring, especially on a
potentially-for-newbees group like c.l.py, and b) to many people it
actually *is* a figure of speech.

But reading statements like the above really makes me feel that it's best
to comment even on simple things like "hi guys!".

Stefan