Need cleanup advice for multiline string

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Wed Aug 12 09:27:49 EDT 2009

Simon Brunning wrote:
> 2009/8/11 Robert Dailey <rcdailey at gmail.com>:
>
>> On Aug 11, 3:40 pm, Bearophile <bearophileH... at lycos.com> wrote:
>>
>>> There are gals too here.
>>>
>> It's a figure of speech. And besides, why would I want programming
>> advice from a woman? lol. Thanks for the help.
>>

> Give the attitudes still prevalent in our industry (cf
> <http://tinyurl.com/c5nqju> and many more), I'm sorry to say that I
> don't think this is funny.

Having someone present technical informations with porn content cannot
be qualified as "prevalent in our industry". I would even dare to say
this is the opposite, it is almost unique.
I would also add that Robert was very far from this attitude, I consider
his joke as a friendly tickle, not a male chauvinist aggression. I'm no
women, but I'm sure they are as capable as me, not to say more, of
making the distinction.

It has been said this list is not very friendly to newbies, let's not
make it hostile to gentle jokes (even those not funny) when thanking
helpers.

JM