one method of COM object needs a variant type variable

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Aug 7 16:42:51 EDT 2009

En Fri, 07 Aug 2009 04:21:03 -0300, MICHÁLEK Jan Mgr.
<Michalek.Jan at uhul.cz> escribió:

> Thanks Gabriel,
> I seen this before, but I don't know, what's mean 'compatible object'. I
> need create object who will like as an variant type.

A variant is like a giant union contaning almost every basic type. See
A variant can hold simple Python objects as integer, float, string... but
not complex ones as, say, DocXMLRPCServer. The conversion to/from variant
types is done automatically.
I think you'll get more help in the python-win32 at python.org list.

--
Gabriel Genellina