one method of COM object needs a variant type variable

MICHÁLEK Jan Mgr. Michalek.Jan at uhul.cz
Fri Aug 7 03:21:03 EDT 2009

Thanks Gabriel,
I seen this before, but I don't know, what's mean 'compatible object'. I need create object who will like as an variant type.
Je.
it looks lieke this:
obj=win32com.client.Dispatch('Geomedia.PointGeometry') #geometry object
gss=win32com.client.Dispatch('Geomedia.GeometryStorageService')#geometry strorage object
gss.GeometryToStorage(obj, out) #out must be a variant type variable
oRS.Fields("Geometry").Value = out # writing blob into recordset via ADO

En Thu, 06 Aug 2009 09:37:55 -0300, MICHÁLEK Jan Mgr.

> How i can use this type in win32.com? One method of com object (geomedia

> storage service) needs this variable for storage geometry of geometry

> object (this variable will be writen into blob in DB). Is possible make

> this variable in py??

Any compatible object may be used on the Python side, the pywin32 library

manages the conversion automatically.

See

http://docs.activestate.com/activepython/2.4/pywin32/html/com/win32com/HTML/PythonCOM.html

--