Python Processor

manish manish.paradkar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 06:28:01 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am also wondering about how to implement a soft core reconfigurable
processor in a FPGA
which would directly execute the compiled python bytecode.

I am trying to understand the bytecode format but apart from
http://docs.python.org/library/dis.html
there is hardly any documentation on the python bytecodes.

Before going through the one of the existing VM implementations, i want to
know if there is there any informaition
available which elaborates on the structure of the bytecodes. Like details
regarding co_names, co_cellvars,
co_freevars, the concept of frames, global, local, objects, functions etc
with respect to the bytecode.

Thanks
Manish