Installing Python 2.5.4 from Source under Windows

Paul Franz theandromedan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 20:24:32 EDT 2009

Mark,
    The problem is that the steps are not in the readme.txt for the
building Python for Windows.  The python.exe might work from the
Win32Release directory where it is compiled. But I would like to have it
create the distuils directory, and other python packages that are
normally part of a python distribution. Another person pointed out
Tools/Msi and I will look in that directory.

Paul Franz