Web framework for embedded system

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 20:53:32 EDT 2009

On Apr 30, 3:32 am, Thomas Heller <thel... at python.net> wrote:
> I'm very happy to see that these frameworks deliver ~10 pages per second
> (cherrypy) or ~3.5 pages per second (webpy) out of the box on a system
> that is 50 times slower than a typical desktop PC.  Of course these
> were very short pages.

I was remiss earlier in not mentioning circuits:
    http://trac.softcircuit.com.au/circuits/
    http://groups.google.com/group/circuits-users

Circuits is an event & component framework that just happens to
include a cherrypy-like web server, and apparently (I can't find a
cite) outperforms cherrypy in a number of tests:

    from circuits.web import Server, Controller

    class Root(Controller):
       def index(self):
          return "Hello World!"

    (Server(8000) + Root()).run()

Full disclaimer: circuits is written by a friend & former colleague,
who will never forgive me for not having mentioned it in the first
place :)