Configuring pylint for local conventions

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Apr 23 22:21:09 EDT 2009

Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> writes:

> David Stanek <dstanek at dstanek.com> writes:
>
> > I believe you just:
> >   pylint --generate-rcfile > ~/.pylintrc
> > and then customize that file.
>
> This is the part that I'm asking how to do. What documentation is there
> on this configuration file and recommendations on how to modify it?

For bonus points, I'm actually wanting to know how to configure it per
*project*, and applying that configuration for all programmers of that
project. Having one set of coding conventions per *user* seem like a
recipe for frustration.

--
 \         “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “I think so, |
  `\   Brain, but culottes have a tendency to ride up so.” —_Pinky and |