OT: a metacomment on feedback comments

Johannes Bauer dfnsonfsduifb at gmx.de
Thu Apr 23 11:54:29 EDT 2009

Aaron Watters schrieb:

> This was posted just after someone on the same
> computer (somewhere in Texas)
> tried and failed to inject some javascript
> into the page using a comment.

Script-kid moron. Delete and enjoy your life.

> I don't see how this comment is helpful to
> me or anyone reading the page.  How the
> framework confusing?  Why should other readers dismiss
> the project?  Can the documentation
> or implementation be
> improved, or is the whole thing beyond repair
> and if so how or why?  Why do people bother
> to write comments like this one?

Humm... I just checked your framework out and must say that I, too,
found it a little confusing. Especially the meaning of "use-url" seems
awkward since obviously this means more like "use-middleware or
"use-plugin" or "use-module" or even just plain "use" (which would be
IMHO clearer).

When you say "use-url" I first though "Ok, this part of the document
will be shown when the user surfs at the supplied URL". Which is not
what it does.

I also do not understand what the difference between a section and a
use-url ist. It seems "section" just creates a new paragraph and
"use-url" invokes some plugin behaviour - but I'm not sure.

I'm not sure why you chose to use the {{ }} syntax, but I'm guessing
that when you'd have used XML it would be a pain to include manual HTML
formatting - again I am unsure.

To sum it up, I think it's a neat idea, but it's not really intuitive.
After being quite startled at first it got better after I read the "why
it's cool" page.

Kind regards,
Johannes

--
"Meine Gegenklage gegen dich lautet dann auf bewusste Verlogenheit,
verlästerung von Gott, Bibel und mir und bewusster Blasphemie."